Alcor Micro, Corp. recognizes its responsibility as a global Corporation. Through our Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management Systems:
Alcor has pursued and implemented environmental responsibility measures for many years.
In January 2003 the European Union (EU) adopted two environmental directives, RoHS and WEEE, to contribute to the protection of the health and environmentally sound recovery and disposal of electrical and electronic equipment.
RoHS are the initials for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances and bans the use of lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in electronical and electronic products. This RoHS compliance directive was implemented at Alcor in early 2005.
The RoHS and WEEE directives significantly impact the design and manufacture of electrical and electronic components. It is Alcor policy to:
- Adopt a progressive position to ensure that Alcor clearly complies with any legal obligations the company has;
- Ensure that we can appropriately support Alcor Micro customers in their desire to do the same;
- Realize whatever opportunities these directives may present in adding to our competitive competencies portfolio;
- Execute these in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Maintain regular measurements & certifications with our supply chain to insure all directives are maintained
In addition to the RoHS compliance Directive, Alcor also maintains Halogen-free components as well.