SD Memory Card Controller
As the popularity of using digital companions continue to grow, small form factor portable media, such as SD, become indispensable in daily life. Coming along with the high demand of using these kinds of digital storage, its power consumption and performance in content access are the most important consideration points in selecting end products.
Alcor Micro’s AU7663M single chip flash memory controller is specifically designed as the solution for building SD memory card. Its high performance, low power consumption and simple interface can be easily applied it to SD memory card manufacturing.
Maintaining multiple NAND flash sources is a common policy seen in memory card manufacturing industry. It is therefore highly desirable for memory card controller to offer the flexibility of adopting new firmware. The architecture of AU7663M supports ISP (In System Programming) with which memory card manufacturers could change firmware dynamically when there are new flash needs to be supported.
With a specially crafted DMA engine built inside, AU7663M exhibits high performance data transfer speed in accessing SLC/MLC NAND flash.
In addition to the performance and compatibility benefits, AU7663M offers powerful ECC (Error Code Correction) engine, which is fundamentally important for overcoming the inherent problems of NAND flash. Moreover, AU7663M supports CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media) mechanism, which is mandatory to have for playing back digitally secured contents.
AU7663M is available in either 46-pin LGA package or in bare die format
1. Host Interface:
- Compatible with SD physical layer specification v1.0/v1.1/v2.0
- Support command class 0,2,4,5,6,7,8 and 10
- Support SPI communication protocol
- Support clock frequency 0 ~ 50MHz
- Support different data bus width x1, x4
- Support standard capacity SD card (<=2GB)
- Support high capacity SDHC card (>2GB ~32GB)
- Support Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM) for SD audio
- Support vendor command for the development of special applications
- Support firmware upgrade mechanism (ISP, In-System Programming)
2. Flash Memory Interface:
- Direct interface to NAND flash chips (Samsung /Toshiba /Sandisk /Intel /Micron /Hynix)
- Support SLC/MLC flash
- Support 8Gb/16Gb/32Gb/64Gb/128Gb/256Gb flash chips
- Support two plane operation
- Support 4KB/8KB/16KB page type flash
- Support 1.8/3.3V flash
- Support single channel 8 bit flash interface with 4CE and 2 R/B pins
- Talent BCH ECC algorithm for randomly up to 40 bit error detection and correction per 1KB
- Integrate hardware DMA engine to tune up the operation performance
- Concurrent bus operation using multiple FIFO for better performance
- Support bad block management
- Support dynamic serial number modification via mass production software
- Support software write protection
- Embedded BCT management
- Support Toggle/ONFI 2.2
3. Micro Controller and Analog IP:
- Embedded RISC architecture 8051
- Embedded RAM and ROM
- Built-in Power On Reset
- Built-in programmable OSC
- Built-in 1.8 voltage Regulator for core
- Embedded BCH 40bits per 1KB ECC Engine
- 0.153 um logic process
- 2.7 ~ 3.6 volts operating voltage
5. Product Packages:
AU7663M evaluation kit is designed for customers to test and check the features on demonstration PCB, and also available for future development and design reference purpose.
- Sample Chips x 10
- Print Datasheet x 1
- Main Sample Print Circuit Board x 1
- Software CD for Development Usage x 1
USD250 / each (per engineering evaluaction kit)
- Payment Terms:
Bank Wire Transfer (T/T) in Advance or Credit Card (Contact Alcor sales for this)
- Shipping is FOB Taiwan, preferred shipping method is to bill customer FedEx or UPS account.
- Bank Information:
Alcor Micro, Corp.
Bank Name: ChinaTrust Commercial Bank, Tun Nan Branch
Bank Add: No.68, Sec. 2, TunHua S. RD. Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Bank Tel: 886-2-23253616
Swift Code: CTCBTWTP