SD Memory Card Controller
As the popularity of using digital companions continue to grow, small form factor portable media, such as SD, become indispensable in daily life. Coming along with the high demand of using these kinds of digital storage, its power consumption and performance in content access are the most important consideration points in selecting end products.
Alcor Micro’s AU7310T single chip flash memory controller is specifically designed as the solution for building SD memory card. Its high performance, low power consumption and simple interface can be easily applied it to SD memory card manufacturing.
Maintaining multiple NAND flash sources is a common policy seen in memory card manufacturing industry. It is therefore highly desirable for memory card controller to offer the flexibility of adopting new firmware. The architecture of AU7310T supports ISP (In System Programming) with which memory card manufacturers could change firmware dynamically when there are new flash needs to be supported.
With a specially crafted DMA engine built inside, AU7310T exhibits high performance data transfer speed in accessing SLC/MLC/TLC NAND flash.
In addition to the performance and compatibility benefits, AU7310T offers powerful ECC (Error Code Correction) engine, which is fundamentally important for overcoming the inherent problems of NAND flash. Moreover, AU7310T supports CPRM (Content Protection for Recordable Media) mechanism, which is mandatory to have for playing back digitally secured contents.
1.Host Interface (SD card)
- Compliant with SD specifications version 2.x/3.0x (UHS104)
- Support command class 0,2,4,5,6,7,8 and 10
- Support SPI communication protocol
- Support clock frequency 0 ~ 208MHz
- Support different data bus width x1, x4
- Support high capacity SDHC / SDXC card (>2GB ~32GB / > 32GB)
- Support Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM) for SD audio
- Support vendor command for the development of special applications
- Support firmware upgrade mechanism (ISP, In-System Programming)
- Bus speed Mode:
- DS, Default speed mode: 3.3V signaling, frequency up to 25 MHz, up to 12.5 MB/sec
- HS, High-Speed mode: 3.3V signaling, frequency up to 50 MHz, up to 25 MB/sec
- SDR12: 1.8V signaling, frequency up to 25 MHz, up to 12.5 MB/sec
- SDR25: 1.8V signaling, frequency up to 50 MHz, up to 25 MB/sec
- SDR50: 1.8V signaling, frequency up to 100 MHz, up to 50 MB/sec
- SDR104: 1.8V signaling, frequency up to 208 MHz, up to 104 MB/sec
- DDR50: 1.8V signaling, frequency up to 50 MHz, sampled on both clock edges, up to 50MB/sec
2.Flash Memory Interface
- Direct interface to NAND flash chips
- Supports following latest generation flash, including MLC / TLC
- Hynix 20/16nm flash
- Micron/Intel 25/20/1xnm flash
- Toshiba 19/A19nm flash
- SanDisk 19/1Ynm flash
- Samsung 21/19nm flash
- Supports ONFI 2.x Interface Specification and Standard command set
- Supports Toggle Mode 1.0 NAND flash
- Supports 8KB/16KB page type flash
- Supports 3.3V flash
- Supports single channel 8 bit flash interface with 8CE and 2 R/B pins
- Supports two plane operation
- Supports 2/4-way interleave operation
- Talent BCH ECC algorithm for randomly 72 bit error detection and correction per 1KB
- Integrates hardware DMA engine to tune up the operation performance
- Concurrent bus operation using multiple FIFO for better performance
- Supports bad block management
- Supports dynamic serial number modification via mass production software
- Supports software write protection
3.Micro Controller and Analog IP
- Embedded Turbo 8051 CPU
- Embedded RAM and ROM
- Built-in Power On Reset
- Built-in programmable OSC
- Built-in 1.5 voltage Regulator for core
- Embedded BCH up to 72bits per 1KB ECC Engine
- 0.11 um logic process
- 2.7 ~ 3.6 volts operating voltage
AU7310T evaluation kit is designed for customers to test and check the features on demonstration PCB, and also available for future development and design reference purpose.
- Sample Chips x 10
- Print Datasheet x 1
- Main Sample Print Circuit Board x 1
- Software CD for Development Usage x 1
USD250 / each (per engineering evaluaction kit)
- Payment Terms:
Bank Wire Transfer (T/T) in Advance or Credit Card (Contact Alcor sales for this)
- Shipping is FOB Taiwan, preferred shipping method is to bill customer FedEx or UPS account.
- Bank Information:
Alcor Micro, Corp.
Bank Name: ChinaTrust Commercial Bank, Tun Nan Branch
Bank Add: No.68, Sec. 2, TunHua S. RD. Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Bank Tel: 886-2-23253616
Swift Code: CTCBTWTP